This article is part of our Fantasy Hockey Puckcast series.
For 2021, the NHL has realigned into four temporary divisions: North (Canada), East, West and Central. This week, Statsman and AJ preview the fantasy issues for each team in the Eastern Division. Specific topics include:
- Boston Bruins – Charlie McAvoy will be tasked with filling some big shoes following the departures of Torey Krug and Zdeno Chara.
- Buffalo Sabres – Jeff Skinner, the $9 million fourth-line man.
- New Jersey Devils – There is potential throughout this team from Ty Smith to Jack Hughes.
- New York Islanders – Mathew Barzal has a new contract but how will the lack of training camp affect his start to the season.
- New York Rangers – A changing in the guard between the pipes as Igor Shesterkin becomes the new King of the Big Apple.
- Philadelphia Flyers – If there is a weakness in this squad, we can't seem to find it, especially if Carter Hart continues to improve.
- Pittsburgh Penguins – No Kasperi Kapanen to start the season will force Evan Rodrigues into a first-line role with Sidney Crosby.
- Washington Capitals – T.J. Oshie might be a better fit on the top line then Tom Wilson.
Enjoy either the traditional audio or full video broadcast. Here's the audio podcast:
And here is the full video from YouTube: