This article is part of our NFL Game Previews series.
Houston (+6.5) at Cincinnati, 38.0 o/u – Thursday, 8:25 p.m. EDT
The Story: One of these teams will be in serious trouble after Thursday, as both put together awful offensive performances in Week 1 losses. Tom Savage's tenure as Houston's starter lasted all of one dreadful half, but he could be back in action in Week 2 if rookie Deshaun Watson's ankle doesn't hold up. J.J. Watt was also nearly invisible, but he could find it much easier sledding against a Bengals offensive line that left Andy Dalton hanging out to dry last week, as he got sacked five times and pressured into throwing four picks by the Ravens.
• 2016 HOU offense: 17.4 PPG (T-28th), 116.2 rushing yds/gm (8th), 213.6 passing yds/gm (29th), 32 sacks allowed (T-11th), 24 turnovers (T-19th)
• 2016 CIN offense: 20.3 PPG (24th), 110.6 rushing yds/gm (13th), 262.9 passing yds/gm (13th), 41 sacks allowed (T-25th), 17 turnovers (T-8th)
• 2016 HOU defense: 20.5 PPG allowed (11th), 99.7 rushing yds/gm allowed (12th), 214.0 passing yds/gm allowed (2nd), 31 sacks (T-24th), 17 turnovers (T-26th)
• 2016 CIN defense: 19.7 PPG allowed (8th), 113.3 rushing yds/gm allowed (21st), 249.1 passing yds/gm allowed (11th), 33 sacks (T-19th), 20 turnovers (T-19th)
• CIN record when Dalton gets sacked three or more times: 12-17-1 (plus 0-3 in postseason); when sacked two or fewer times: 44-19-1 (plus 0-1 in postseason)
• Weather forecast: partly cloudy, wind less than 10 mph, chance of rain less than 10